Monday, January 5, 2009

Confessions and an Addiction

So I think my husband is planning my intervention as I have seen the movie Twilight 3 times in four days. Not to mention staying up hours after everyone has gone to bed to read as many pages as possible.

Yes, I went by myself. Laugh all you want people. Not only that, but as I am walking out the door to the movie, I have in my right hand the second book in the series and in my left hand the sound track. I am thinking I might have a few minutes to read before the movie starts and I want to listen to the sound track on the way so I know exactly where each song is in the movie.

But to all of you that think I am crazy and absurd in this addiction, let me just tell you this. I walk in the theater to find a well-lit spot to read and start to glance at the three other girls around me. Two seats to my right, a women reading Twilight...ALONE. A row in front of me and to my right, another girl reading New Moon(almost in the exact same spot as me...I checked)ALONE, and lastly a girl one row in front of me to my left that has similar intentions as the rest of us. Let's just say I made friends. And for the record the age span in our little "meet-at-the-movie-theater-alone-book-club" was a 19 year old, 24 year old, an almost 30 year old(me), and a 41 year old. I am not the only one with the problem.

I still believe I am normal.

And I love my husband.

8 comments:

The Fredy Family said...

You crack me up! Good for you and quite mommy time! I think you should mail me your books when you are finished.... I am going to need something to do at 2 in the morning when nursing.

btw - TONIGHT 8 PM - JASON!!!!!!!!!!!

Elissa said...

You have me totally curious. I think I might have to go see this. Are you in for a forth time????

Anonymous said...

Hello! I am said 24-year old. My name is Lily, which I dont think came up at the theatre as there were far more important things to discuss. Let me know if you want to organize a book club meeting after you are done with New Moon. Lborgeson@gmail.com. I'm serious! No one else understands!

Anonymous said...

I love Twilight!!!!

Petersen Family said...

Elissa....I am always in for another round of Twilight. I might have to sneak out though.

Melody White Studios said...

So i just started the book today and am already to chapter 4. Plus i went and watched the movie last night with conan's mom who has already seen it 7 times and she is almost 60! So your not alone i think i will be joining you soon. How is the second book???? Conans mom read the second and third books in 3 days she said she could not put them down! Talk ta ya soon:)

Anonymous said...

so, it took me this whole time to figure out how to comment on this! but since i've now found out...first. Hi!!!!!!!! I'm the "19" year old but just btw i'm 20. and second...Taylor Lautner is ON FOR NEW MOON! officially! I'm so jazzed, you don't even know! um, yey! my e-mail is tchafey@sbcglobal.net. so feel free to contact, and discuss.

Anonymous said...

p.s. don't forget the like 60 year old that was next to the forty year old.