Saturday, April 25, 2009

The Negotiator

So I have been meaning to write about this conversation for a while. It seems to keep changing as Drew's negotiating skills improve. Drew occasionally wakes up in the middle night and there are times when it is for 2-3 days in a row, usually around 2 am.

Setting: Drew's room at 2:30 am

This is how the conversation goes.(by the way...me in this conversation could also be Todd very easily)

Me: Drew it is night-night time.

Drew: I need...I need to watch Lightening McQueen.

Me: No Drew, we are not watching McQueen right now. It is night-night.

Drew: I need...I need...chocolate cookie.

Me: Um, no Drew. Sorry that is not happening.

Drew: I need...I need...I need chocolate milk. Please mommy.

Me: Thank you for asking nicely Drew, but it is not time to drink milk or eat anything.

Drew: I need white milk please? Please mommy?

Me. No Drew.

Drew: I need water?

Me: Okay Drew I will get you some water.

Drew: YA OKAY!

I have learned that a compromise of water is a win-win for both if us. He is happy with his water and I am happy to go back to sleep.

1 comment:

The Fredy Family said...

I love his YA OKAY. When I was at your house I asked his if he was going to the park and he said "YA OKAY BYE" and walked away.