I woke up that morning(Saturday March 21st) thinking we were going to have a normal day besides a nice dinner out that night in San Fransisco. As I came down the stairs to Drew and Todd I find an envelope with a #1 on it. I think...oh my gosh, I have gotten chosen for Amazing Race and this is my first detour. Little did I know that there was a string of clues that was leading me on an adventure that day...but more like a spa-hair-make-up-good food-with friends type of day.
Clue #1 read:
Time to get up, take a shower, don't wash your hair, wear very little make-up and get downstairs(he thought he would be handing this to me in bed) It is very important that you have a big breakfast. Get up and get moving! Let's Go!
So I of course ask a million questions that are not be answered and walk up stairs to get ready. I smell eggs, potatoes, and bacon cooking down stairs, and I think he was not joking about the big breakfast thing. There is a knock at the door and Amy and Summer show up with grins as big as they come to take me on the rest of my clues filled day.
Clue #2 I find in the car:
It's not the cottage where Froto lives; you go dream about Friday Nights. So up or down you'll look very pretty for our little date tonight.
So cottage was a dead give away along with Friday Nights because I get my hair done at the Hair Cottage and all Julie and I talk about is the show Friday Nights Lights(with next to the office, is the best show on TV) So the only hair style that sticks out to me of late is how Jennifer Aniston wore her hair to the Oscars this year(which is more coincidental than you might be aware of at this point)

After my hair is looking lovely, we get back to the car to find the third clue. I am really liking this getting back to car thing to find another clue pattern.
Clue #3:
You know how I feel, that less is more, but girls will be girls at this Plaza store.
This clue was slightly more challenging. I knew we were going to the mall....but was he hinting at Victoria Secret at that less is more comment? Joking Joking all parents out there. But the only time I hear Todd talk less is more is home decorating and make-up. And being that I wasn't wearing any make-up from the first clue I narrowed down my guess. So off to the mall we went where Amy handed me another card from Jen(love you Jen) who set up an appointment for me at Benefit to get my make-up done and 50 dollar Gift Card for products I might want to buy. I am thinking at this point what an awesome day and it can't get any better, right?

After make-up the next clue awaits in the car again.
Clue #4 :
Finishing touches are so very key, these next 20 paint jobs are for each of you, all three. Head east on this highway and relax at this spa. Kick your feet up, put your hands out, relax and say "ahhhhhh"

We all screamed with joy knowing Cold Water Creek was our next stop!! And Amy and Summer were getting to participate during this pampering stop as well.

After we enjoyed our pedicures and manicures, there was one last clue(as of now) that led us to lunch.
Clue#5:
Now take a short walk, it's time to eat. Go to Willie's new sister, lunch is my treat.
Seriously....how amazing is my husband? This was such a great day!

As far as I knew that was the last clue. I came home and hugged and kissed Todd and said I wish more people could see me "all pretty like this". I should have known something was up when Summer got her make-up done as well.....suspicious, but I was just enjoying the moment.
So as I walk down the stairs thinking we are leaving for San Fransisco(by the way, Lilly and Drew are having a "sleep-over" at Nana and Boppa's house that night)I step on another clue coming out of the bedroom. I yell, "Todd you said no more tricks up your sleeve" even though secretly I really liked it. I mean who wouldn't really.
Clue #6
Now one last stop to document your beauty. With someone else's camera....And nothing rhymes with Melody...
And that is how I ended up having one of the best surprises of my life. My husband had every single detail planned out. Even handing Amy a paper bag with my flip-flops for after my pedicure. He sent out a fake evite to through me off because I thought we were doing a BBQ at the park the next day. I LOVE MY HUSBAND. Way more than Edward...and that is one of the best compliments I could pay Todd.
1 comment:
Your a lucky girl Linz! But Todd is just has lucky!
Post a Comment