Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Should I be worried about this?




My "youngest" child is plagued with this condition if that is what you call it. The doctor thinks it happened in the uterus and the lack of space. I like to describe that Drew had the 1 acre lot in the womb and Lilly had a studio apartment. So the doctor's suggestion was to tape the two toes together(which lasts about 40 seconds)to attempt to flatten the toes when she walks. It doesn't seem to bother or hurt her.....yet
Could become a problem if she decides to an be athlete of some sort, which a very distinct possibility.

2 comments:

Mama Tina said...

I follow your blog along with several others through my DIL's blog. (Our Slow Journey to Parenthood) First off your children are absolutely beautiful!!! I am so thankful that my DIL has all of you girls to confide in, share with and yes vent with at times.

I don't leave many comments, but wanted to share with you today.

My oldest son (who is now 34 years old) had the same toes as your baby girl. At two years old I took him to an Orthopedic Doctor and he also told me to tape his little toes together. Which I did for about 6 months. I found taping them at bedtime worked best. The baby books I read at the time mentioned children grew at night so it seemed to me to be the best time to do the taping , not to mention my son was having no part of the tape being on during the day. Putting him in PJ's with feet helped and a pair of socks with the ones without. Out od sight out of mind ") My son now at the age of 34 has perfect straight toes.

I hope this bit of information helps.

Take care, be safe

Mama Tina

Petersen Family said...

Thank you very much Tina for your insight and advice. I had not thought of the taping at night, but that makes sense!! I am wondering if I should take Lilly to an orthopedic doctor as well??

Thanks again!!