Monday, October 5, 2009

Hey, it's something, right?

For those of you who's eyes ever wander over to check my blog list and specifically look at Elissa's blog(busy me busy with three)....let me just say that I am not Elissa. I wish I had a fraction of her craftiness and really just energy to do all the awesome things she does with her kids.

But I do like to teach my kids and I like my kids learning new things. And isn't this blog about the everyday life of the Petersen's?

Drum roll please.

So starts, a very down scaled version of an at home preschool. As of now we are starting with letters. Here are just a couple things we did involving the letter A.


We have made alligators and read alligator books. Highly recommend the book. While reading the book, the kids have their alligator's acting out parts in the book. It's like a mini-play in our living room.






We visited lots of airplanes at the Pacific Air Coast Museum. Just a little fun thing to do on the first Thursday of every month, they have a BBQ out there. It's only 5 dollars and you get a HUGE BBQ hot dog,(don't puke in your mouth because I admit I eat hot dogs people) chips, fruit or chili, and a drink. But the food was not the best part...the kids got to get up close personal with some really awesome airplanes.


As an added bonus, Todd met us for lunch and got to enjoy the Petersen twin school field trip too.


4 comments:

familyof5 said...

I am so happy that you are doing this! You will have so much fun!

The Fredy Family said...

Does this mean that the other preschool didn't work out?

Petersen Family said...

They are still in their normal preschool too...just some supplementing going on at home :-)

Elissa said...

I'm sooo bummed we didnt end up going. Hopefully I will start up again. Looks like you had a ton of fun though!