Here we are before the reception. Isn't he handsome?
So here are some facts about this wedding:
1. The invitation was sent in a package the size of a shoe box, that really was more of a photo album outlining a four day celebration starting with a catered dinner Thursday evening, something else that I don't remember Friday, wedding Saturday, and then a "day at the park" Sunday. It was like a itinerary for an all expenses paid cruise.
2. Open Bar with every goodie. Filet Mignon and Lobster for dinner. I,of course, opted for the vegetarian because I am annoying like that.
3. There was a private train that the bridal party rode in on to start the reception.
4. The ceremony took place in a beautiful redwood forest overlooking a private lake.
5. While admiring the surroundings of where the ceremony took place, there was a live 3 piece orchestra of some sort playing in the background including a harp, violin, and cello.
6. At the reception, the couples monogrammed initials were made into spot lights on the dance floor.
7. They had a photo booth with a variety of costumes, hats, masks, and other silly things to wear as their guest book feature. After you indulged in the photo booth which is really something I enjoyed, you went over to the "scrap-booking-craft" table where you personally designed a page to go in their guest book. There were six pictures from the photo booth. Three went in their guest book and three you got to take home.
8. And I saved the best for last. As we were seated and given a program at the ceremony, we were also given a small triangular shaped box closed by a rubber band. When I asked what this was(maybe a chocolate or something edible) I was told the box held a live monarch butterfly and all guests were going to release them together at the end of the ceremony. I seriously chuckled and asked the girl really what was in the box. Then......I suddenly felt small vibrations coming from the box. I peeked in the small air holes to witness this butterfly trying to get out. Ummmmm this is a true story. Is anybody else out there laughing right now? I was wrong on my edible prediction. Boy was I wrong. I think my butterfly was injured because when the time came to release this creature in all it's glorious beauty, mine did not move. And to make matters worse, I think it pooped or something all over itself and the box.
The ones we kept

Holy Moly..what a wedding
2 comments:
wow
I went to a wedding once where they were releasing butterflies at the end. Sad thing was, it was too cold for the to fly, so after it was all said and done there were a hundred or so squished, sad butterflies littering the grounds....
Post a Comment