Monday, December 7, 2009

The Evolution of Santa's relationship with Lilly and Drew

So the relationship started off a little rocky, but there were still good days here and there...


After the honeymoon period wore off, pure terror set in.


Drew decided he believed..and Lilly broke up with Santa.


Todd and I did not expect either of our kids to grace Santa's lap this Christmas, but something came over Drew as we approached Santa. He remembered all the books we had read, the stories we have told, the reinforcement that Santa is a kind, gentle, loving man. Much to our surprise, Drew marched right up to him(possibly even cutting in line to be perfectly honest) and wanted to sit and talk with Santa. It happened so fast, that Todd basically rushed after him hysterically laughing. He told Santa, "Hi...I am Drew Petersen. I please like remote control cars for Christmas." They are great friends now. Drew acts like he goes way back with Santa. Lilly on the other hand, said everything she needed to say to Santa from behind the safe gated area. Even after seeing her brother on his lap, she just yelled to him, "Hi Santa...I Lilly. I like you(really, then why aren't you standing closer to him?) I like Peter Pan."

I love this time of year.

1 comment:

White Family said...

WAY to go Drew!!! To be honest I LOVE the crying photos more then the cheesy ones any day! They are priceless.