So..if you are a parent, you know how rude and annoying interrupting is on a daily basis from your children. So I have been really trying to work on being polite when wanting to speak or say something.
Let's see where I went wrong here with this conversation.
Setting: Driving in the car
Drew and myself are having a conversation about Darth Vader or some new bad guy that he is obsessed with at the moment. Lilly starts to interrupt and is raising her voice over ours.
Me- "Lilly, you are interrupting. If you would like to talk you need to be polite and say excuse me, can I say something?"
Lilly- "Excuse me, say something?" (because she never quite says the entire full sentence)
Me- "Yes, Lilly. What would you like to say?"
Lilly- "Drew and mommy need to stop talking. Stop talking right now"
Just lovely and how polite Lilly. I hope she does this at church and school too because that is not being rude at all.
2 comments:
Yah. My Drew tells us to stop talking all the time. Nice. And if she's not involved in a conversation, she gets louder and louder...without anything really to say.
She is getting her point across fast though. right? lol
Post a Comment